Among the best Anatolian dessert and the most famous in the world is lokum, which is known in Turkish as "lokum". Although there are many myths about the beginning of the emergence of lokum, most historians agree that it originated in the Ottoman palace. Some legends say that this sweets were invented to help those who have a greedy food among the palace residents to digest, while other myths say that the Sultan asked to make a color of sweets to maintain harmony between the harem of his wives. The author of "History of Turkish Sweets" explains that lokum, as we know it today, did not exist in the seventeenth century. Its original name "Rahat Al Delkum" means freshening the throat, and it used to make dessert. Later on, its name was changed to Rahat Lokum, and finally Lokum only. For centuries Westerners have questioned the secret recipe for this dessert. Dessert consists of a few main ingredients: starch, sugar, water, and lemon juice. When sugar began to be produced, it replaced honey
Discover why it’s important to buy local food, the health benefits of eating locally grown produce, and why choosing local food benefits the environment.
- Oct 06 2019Eczema is a lifelong struggle. To all of you out there with all variations of atopic dermatitis or chronic acne (to name but a few chronic skin issues), I feel you. It's frustrating when your skin simply won't cooperate when you're giving it so much attention and care. I can never rid myself of eczema; there's no real cure for it. However, I've learned to manage my flare-ups, from the small ones to the big, persistent ones. Smaller episodes clear up pretty easily with the right care, but there are times that the flare-up is particularly raging and simply won't go away.
- Oct 06 2019It’s been a little more than half-a-year since we launched our namesake Peach & Lily Collection, and it has been so incredibly exciting to see and hear all your stories about how our products have transformed your skin.
- Oct 06 2019
Remember our Peach Party tour last year? I traveled personally with my husband to so many Ulta Beauty stores across the US to meet as many of you as we could, answer your skincare questions, and give mini skincare consultations!
- Purple vegetables may be pretty, but they also have powerful health benefits. See why and get mouthwatering recipes for 10 purple vegetables. The color purple often symbolizes royalty and magic. And lately, purple vegetables have been popping up in more places.
- Are you ready to learn how to take control of your health and heal the planet with food? The Food Revolution Summit is THE event of the year to get up-to-date information and useful tips and tools from experts you can trust during this totally free, online event.
- Get an overview of vegan statistics from around the world. See why so many people are going vegan and eating plant-based — from athletes to celebrities to everyday people. The rise of plant-based diets is here to stay.
You’ve heard fiber is important, but why is fiber good for you? And how can you get enough fiber? Discover all the health benefits of this essential nutrient, the best high fiber foods, and an easy way to challenge yourself to get more fiber in your daily diet.
- Mar 15 2018Categories: Furniture
Everyone wants to enjoy a dining room, but not everyone has the space to accommodate a traditional one. Living in big cities means making sacrifices, and dining rooms are usually the first amenities to go. It’s the bathtub of rooms, since it routinely gets left out of many designs. Just because your landlord didn'y think it was necessary doesn't mean that it doesn't leave a mark. It's the most common thing renters miss, since they are reminded of its absence during every meal.